Sunday 23 February 2014

I Check My Emails


My account with Barclays Bank has been suspended due to irregular activity, though I'm fairly certain I don't have an account with Barclays Bank.  This is also true of my accounts with Santander and NatWest. I know this because I check my emails from time to time.

One of the irregular activities with which I'm involved is running.  In general, I get my exercise from changing washers, swilling out mugs, stirring risotto and walking.  I combined three of these activities on the Pembrokeshire Coast Path last June.

The path is 186 miles long and runs from St Dogmaels in the north to Amroth in the south.  I have walked the section from Dinas Head to Solva.  It was one of the best weeks of my life.  Or rather, as I've walked it three times, they were three of the best weeks of my life.

Last year, my longest-serving friend, Helen, walked with me.  She showed me how to improve risotto with porcini mushrooms bought from the delicatessen in St David's.

It's useful that the Barclays email is signed 'Helpful Banking', or I may not have smelt a rat.

No comments:

Post a Comment