Monday 4 April 2016

I Dry In The Sun

One of my favourite things to do is to dry in the sun - dry my body, I mean, although I do like to dry my clothes outside too.

Whilst I have had access to two swimming pools for the past couple of weeks, I haven't yet seen any solar-powered clothes lines in the back gardens of California.  This is odd, as the weather here is perfect for all sorts of drying and there are calls to save energy in other ways.  It seems that it's common to use a tumble dryer when the sun is casting precise shadows and the sky is clear azure.

Talking of clear azure skies, I'm about to go swimming again, for the sheer pleasure of drying off.  Afterwards, there will be something about the feel of being inside my own skin that's smoother, healthier, more content than anything a towel-dry can achieve.


No comments:

Post a Comment